viernes, 9 de febrero de 2018

: This is a fun way to make a number line.





This number line game was something we will definitely do again.
View in browser
[
Hi there! Before I share this game with you, I just have to say that I absolutely love this time of the year in the classroom. It is at this time of the school year that my students have most of our regular routines down pat, they are highly independent, and they are ready to focus on preschool (rather than distracted by all the holidays).

Now to share another DIY game that I made with you. This number game was a fun way to invite the children to practice number recognition, ordinal thinking, listening skills, and teamwork.

Number Line Game
A parent donated a large bag of t-shirts to me a few years back and the bag has been sitting in a closet ever since. I decided to pull out a set of black t-shirts from the bag and put them to good use. I cut off the sleeves so they would be easy to slip on and off then added numbers to the front of each t-shirt.
To play the game, the children line up in numerical order. The teacher plays lively music and the children are invited to dance and get all mixed up. When the music stops, the children work together to get lined back up in numerical order again. You might be surprised how much effort it takes the children to line themselves back up but they can do it!

Have you made up any games or created any DIY activities for your classroom lately? Shoot me a note if you can, I would love to check it out! Oh and in my next email, I want to show you my literacy center.
Deborah
Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed.


Libre de virus. www.avast.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario