miércoles, 9 de octubre de 2019

Skills to pay the bills...literally!





These skills aren't just for littles!


Happy Monday! Let's talk skills this week...as in fine motor skills. Now before parents of older kids click away I want to mention something very important you should hear: Developing fine motor skills is not just for little ones!  When most of us hear fine motor skills we think preschool age/ pre-writing but the reality is that kids need to continue to develop fine motor skills throughout elementary school.

In our after school classes I've had quite a few older kids ask me to cut something for them or tie a knot or thread a string through a hole. And it's not because they don't want to do it but because they aren't confident with their skills. Many of them have said "I'm bad at cutting." or "I can't tie a knot."  I demur and ask the student to try cutting most of it before I help OR I show them how to tie the knot, untie it and then hand it back for them to try. But seeing this has put me on a mission to help kids develop those fine motor skills well past preschool.

This week I'm sharing 5 activities with a fine motor skills focus. They are colorful, fun, and good for kids of a variety of ages!

Activity #1:  Frame Lacers 

Activity #2: Edible Mosaics

Activity #3: Wire Sculptures

Activity #4: Paper Weaving

Activity #5: Fabric Bead Necklaces
Let's help kids develop the skills that will literally use to pay the bills when they are older!

Stay creative,
Ana

P.S.  Are you an educator?  Go here to update your email preference.

YouTube
YouTube
Facebook
Facebook
Instagram
Instagram
Website
Website
Pinterest
Pinterest


Libre de virus. www.avast.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario